Where To Get Coaching Leads Without A Lot Of Marketing
Some coaches dread the work of performing regular marketing activities just to generate leads. It’s understandable — you want to be coaching clients! So here are some directory-style platforms that put you in front of thousands, in some cases millions of leads.
Key Differences In How You Pay For Coaching Leads
Each lead platform has its own business model. Main differences in the pricing model are
- Paying for membership — usually annually
- Paying a fixed fee per lead
- Paying a percentage per converted lead
- A combination of the above
Examples Of Pages To Get Coaching Leads:
Noomii focuses specifically on coaching leads. This coaching directory has been around for many years and helps you to create a great coaching profile.
If you sign up with Noomi, you will be offered to schedule a call to record an audio interview with a Noomii employee. This is entirely optional but very beneficial as this recording gives you the opportunity to talk about your business and who you’re helping.
Take a look around Noomii’s directory and listen to a few recordings from other coaches to get ideas.
Noomii charges an annual fee. Leads who contact you directly via your profile are yours to keep without extra fees.
If you decide to apply to be matched to leads in their daily updated leads list, be prepared to pay 30% of your contract value for these types of leads.
Thumbtack focuses on leads in many categories, including coaching. This is one of the largest lead generation platforms with over 10 million users.
You have a range of tools available on your profile to make your business stand out. Thumbtack provides tips on how to improve your profile and you will see a “completion score” as well. For example, profiles with videos or images get more leads.
You set your budget every week. If you do not change it, it remains the same. The beauty here is that you can change your budget based on your business needs. If you have a lot of clients, you can dial your budget down or turn it off.
Fees for leads differ based on your rates and on the type of service. Thumbtack provides previews for the cost per lead so you’re not getting caught by surprise.
The great thing about Thumbtack is, you pay only once for the lead without any fees for joining the platform or any contingency fees as share of revenue.
LifeCoachHub focuses on providing you with coaching leads.
Joining their directory to get listed as a coach is entirely free. If you want to get a “featured listing” that shows up on top of your coaching category when a lead looks for a coach in your field, you will have to join a priced plan. At the time of writing this article, the fee for additional features, including a featured directory listing, is $37 per month.
LinkedInServices is part of the popular LinkedIn social networking platform. This is the largest business network with a whopping 800 million members worldwide and growing!
You can set up your profile at no cost, but to get leads, you will have to join their paid service.
LinkedIn used to charge a monthly fee for their ProFinder service, which discontinued in Q4, 2021. This new format, called LinkedIn Services, allows you to create a service profile page entirely free.
Ensuring Ongoing Success In Getting Coaching Leads
You will still need to stay involved as leads won’t convert themselves to clients. Here are a few things that coaches have shared that gave them great results:
- First, sign up to get alerts (via email or the provider’s app) so you don’t miss a lead request!
- Be quick to respond to leads. Statistics show that a response within the first 3 hours of a request is more likely to convert to a client.
- Keep your profile updated — schedule time in your calendar for a quarterly check.
- Add images and videos that showcase your services and allow your profile visitors to “get to know you” a little. If they like what they see there, they are more likely to request a discovery call with you.
- Finally, invite clients to submit reviews every time you have worked with them for a while and they are happy. Happy customers are more likely to post a review when they are asked at the time of satisfaction. Coaches found that it’s often hard to obtain a review if too much time has passed between your coaching engagement and your request for a testimonial.
👉 You can occasionally find promotion codes on this page for these providers.
Best of luck with getting great coaching leads!
Originally published at https://coachilly.com on December 1, 2021.
Coachilly Magazine is run by coaches. We volunteer to share with coaches how to use technology and tools to build and scale their coaching business. If you want to learn how to use software — even as a novice — to build your business more effectively, visit Coachilly.com.